Sunday 19 October 2014

Normcore, an anstisyle statement




I deemed it fitting to start my long overdue blog with a relatively new style, normcore. For a while I had wondered if there was a single term used to describe my everyday, off to lectures look. The same look rocked by hipsters on the daily, disclaimer: I am not one. Normcore, as defined by Vogue is a bland antistyle. The term, normcore is a combination of normal and hardcore. And there's nothing I love more than to combine or casualize casualize looks. I wear what I want. The key is to be cool while not being cool, looking effortlessly fashionable as if you randomly grabbed items from your wardrobe and decided that they made a decent looking outfit or whatever, you couldn't be bothered, it's normcore!  It's often associated with turtle-necks, denim pants, formal pants, stretchy dresses, vests, sports jackets, chucks, caps and beanies, which are worn by both females and males, hence its a unisex style. Here are some of my normcore looks.







Mr Price Beanie | Revlon Matte Lipbalm | Vintage Denim Jacket, pants, blazer and black and white sweater | Fashion Express Turtle Neck | Jumbo Maxi Skirt | Avon Purse | Mr Price Oxfords, Black Top, Black pencil skirt,  Backpack, checked shirt | Legit black and white amaze sweater and maxi dress

No comments:

Post a Comment